ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by ArcticFoxie, Dec 11, 2022.

1. ArcticFoxie

ImWolf

ImWolf, Jul 6, 2023
  2. ArcticFoxie

Dave-H

Look in the 360Loader.ini file.
    In the 'parameters' line there is an entry '--user-agent=' and you can change the overall user agent by editing that. That's the easiest way to do it I think. HTH.
    Cheers, Dave.
    :)

Dave-H, Jul 6, 2023
  3. ArcticFoxie

ImWolf

Thanks Dave, but that didn't do it. I edited the file to read:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/114.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Two different online "What browser" tools still report I'm running Chrome 86 on Windows XP.

My goal is to spoof the machine and browser ID only on a specific web site. There are extensions that will supposedly accomplish this, but they won't install.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2023
    ImWolf, Jul 6, 2023
  4. ArcticFoxie

ClippyBeer

If you can't install extensions then you probably have the un-googled version of the browser which breaks Chrome Web Store. Download the regular version.

Then install this extension:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...r-c/djflhoibgkdhkhhcedjiklpkjnoahfmg?hl=en-US

It comes with several presets but you can add your own. I added the user agent you provided and here is the result:

[​IMG]

There are other extensions but I like this one for its simplicity.

ClippyBeer, Jul 6, 2023
  5. ArcticFoxie

ImWolf

That's not it either Clippy.... I installed the "googled" version from this downloaded file:

360 ChromePortable_13.5.2036_r1_regular.zip

However, while I was not able to install that exact extension you just posted a link to previously, now that I altered the UA string in the .INI file, the extension did install.

Now when I click on the little sunglass icon I see a list of preset UA's but no version ID's. How do I add one as you did?

ImWolf, Jul 6, 2023
  6. ArcticFoxie

Dave-H

Right, if you want to change the UA string just for particular sites, and not overall, an extension is probably the best way to do it.

I'm surprised to hear that changing 360Loader.ini didn't change the default UA string though.
    You should have changed the entry to -
    --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/114.0.0.0 Safari/537.36"
    You are using 360Loader.exe to run the browser I assume?

Dave-H, Jul 6, 2023
    ImWolf likes this.
  7. ArcticFoxie

ImWolf

WINNER!!!

This was my fault Dave, and thank you much for the big hint. I had been using the 360Chrome.exe in the Applications folder at launch. When I switched to the 360Loader instead, all is good and I can once again spoof that pesky web site. :b

ImWolf, Jul 6, 2023
  8. ArcticFoxie

Dave-H

Ah, that explains it!
    360Loader.ini is ignored of course if you run 360Chrome.exe instead of 360Loader.exe.
    As 360Loader.ini sets the parameters defined by NotHereToPlayGames, it's better to use 360Loader.
    You can modify it of course, for instance I put the print preview function back by removing the '--disable-print-preview' entry.

Dave-H, Jul 6, 2023
    ImWolf likes this.
  9. ArcticFoxie

verta

I tried searching for the string without success. I also get a failed translate message because of server.

Is there a way to restore functionality?

Function: Drop Translate to English from Chrome mode page context menu (1 occurrence)
    replace: C0 FB 8D 86 F0 02 00 00 50 E8
    with: C0 FB E9 E6 00 00 00 90 50 E8
    upload_2023-7-14_20-2-17.png

upload_2023-7-14_20-2-56.png

upload_2023-7-14_20-4-5.png

verta, Jul 15, 2023
  10. ArcticFoxie

rereser

Last edited: Jul 15, 2023
    rereser, Jul 15, 2023
  11. ArcticFoxie

Dave-H

If you're using HxD as your Hex editor, you probably made the same mistake that I did.
    You have to select the 'Hex-values' tab when you search, not the default 'Text-string' tab.
    I now use the 'EdgeTranslate' extension, which gives the same functionality.
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/edge-translate/bocbaocobfecmglnmeaeppambideimao?hl=en-US

Dave-H, Jul 15, 2023
    verta likes this.
  12. ArcticFoxie

verta

I'll look this info over. Hopefully this will get my 360ee updated working.

verta, Jul 17, 2023
    Dave-H likes this.
  13. ArcticFoxie

ClippyBeer

ClippyBeer, Nov 2, 2023
    TMTGTR likes this.
  14. ArcticFoxie

TMTGTR

TMTGTR, Nov 22, 2023
  15. ArcticFoxie

xperceniol

@Dave-H ... @ArcticFoxie - MSFN appears to be down again and I was posting there earlier this morning, just figure I'd reach out to you both as perhaps you'd know what is going on as is it down confirms its not just me :eek:

xperceniol, Dec 18, 2023
  16. ArcticFoxie

ClippyBeer

MSFN is Definitely down. A few years ago the admins wanted to take MSFN down permanently but then did a u-turn. No idea why it's down now or for how long. ArcticFoxie already has an account here, maybe he can move the discussion of his updates to this forum. Just hope the trolls don't follow him, that's the main reason I never created an account at MSFN.

ClippyBeer, Dec 19, 2023
    xperceniol likes this.
  17. ArcticFoxie

xperceniol

Hi, ClippyBeer, how are you doing this holiday season? I hope well.

Yes, I see that again today. I'm surprised that @Dave-H and @ArcticFoxie didn't respond to my tags, but perhaps they are busy - hope you guys are well and I tried to spent some time reading the ryan vw forum and didn't see anything. https://ryanvm.net/forum/ shows nothing and doesn't come up with all my browsers and the only thing I see (which is no help is) https://ryanvm.net/msfn/ but I don't see comments. I don't have an account over there either.

Yeah, I hope ArcticFoxie will return here as we need him here, but good grief I also hope the trolls don't follow; they make life so difficult and steal the experience and I HATE the drama over there which really turns me off to MSFN sometimes, and don't be fooled over there, things are not (always) as they seem and not everyone is so kind with good intentions.

Anyways, let us hope we get some answers as to what is going on but I have no personal contact information with any members from there so I also don't know what is going on or how long the site will be dong for.

Take good care.

EDIT: sorry about the multiple edits but I'm disabled from a traumatic brain injury to which I suffered early in my childhood and typing is sometimes rough when I first get up. Ugh ... again thank you for understanding.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2023
    xperceniol, Dec 19, 2023
  18. ArcticFoxie

xperceniol

The only person I was talking to almost daily was @Mina, but it would see he is not a member here any longer, Hope you are well, Mina buddy.

xperceniol, Dec 19, 2023
  19. ArcticFoxie

xperceniol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

xperceniol, Dec 19, 2023
  20. ArcticFoxie

xperceniol

MSFN is now back with some previous postings missing.

On that note ... nothing should (ever) surprise me anymore dealing with other people - so yet again that is on me and I have to reconcile within myself why I have expectations still - better to keep them low for Self-preservation but I'm still learning and to be honest I don't want to change some things about myself. :(

xperceniol, Dec 20, 2023
Ask a Question