Another new member just joined

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by Goldfynche, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Goldfynche

Goldfynche

Hi to all, I'm Mike. 72 years old, though still with 99% of my marbles, fortunately!
    After a lifetime of living in London. 3 years ago I emigrated to central Scotland! Where I now live with my daughter.
    At the present time. I'm not running anything with XP installed. But my daughter hopes to be getting a Macbook Pro very soon. So I will be inheriting her currant Windows 10 laptop. On which I intend to install XP. Actually, we didn't even know that we had XP until we found a brand new installation disc in among a pile of old books and magazines.
    At the moment I'm using a self built Windows 10 Desktop. My reason for wanting to revert to XP is that I have several items of hardware, which they ceased to update drivers, a long time ago. And they are far too good to just dump. They include a Canon scanner that not only scans pictures. But negatives and transparencies as well! And a Sony Minidisc player which I transfer all my favourite CD's to.

Goldfynche, Sep 29, 2017
  2. Goldfynche

Elizabeth23

older is better, :) I am 62

Elizabeth23, Sep 29, 2017
    Goldfynche likes this.
  3. Goldfynche

cornemuse

Welcome!

I'm 70, , , , , You'll fit right in!

cornemuse, Sep 30, 2017
    Goldfynche likes this.
  4. Goldfynche

Goldfynche

Thank you both. Looking forward to eventually getting set up. I'm mainly interested in Desk top publishing and graphics. Plus, I was formally a Pro. wedding photographer/videographer, at a time when there was no such thing as digital photography or non-linear video editing! The latter, I got in to eventually, finding that it made things a whole lot easier!

Goldfynche, Sep 30, 2017
Ask a Question