40 Year Old Radio Shack Commercial-

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by BellicoseBloke, Sep 7, 2023.

1. BellicoseBloke

BellicoseBloke

Stumbled across this...It's a hoot...

Guy says 'Easy to Read Green Screen' HaHAAhhh!

Then other guy looks at price "Is that all?!!!" HaaaaaHA!...At 'From' $3,199.00 which means the lowest possible price rather jarring...I was 22 at the time You could buy a nice car or boat for that without the 'From'...

From 1983 The Radio Shack TRS-80 Model 12...

ftp://69.43.38.172/mirrors/model2archive/Media/Commercials/Model_12_TV_Commercial_1983.mp4

BellicoseBloke, Sep 7, 2023
  2. BellicoseBloke

MisterEd

I finally was able to download the video. I had to use my 25 year old program WS_FTP v5.08 (LE).

[​IMG]

You didn't say where you got the link to the video but I found it in this post:

OFFER - Just About Everything - VetusWare, Apple Software, DOS Software, Tandy & Much More>>>>

I didn't know anything about the TRS-80 business computers except the TRS80 Model 2 which a friend had.

I bought a Radio Shack TRS-80 Model 1 in 1979. I eventually replaced it with a Lobo Max-80. I don't remember how much money I spent on the two computers and their peripherals. It must have been over $10,000 US which is about $40,000 in 2022 dollars.

Here is an old commercial for the TRS-80 Mode 1.

Radio Shack TRS 80 Computer Commercial (1979)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2023
    MisterEd, Sep 8, 2023
  3. BellicoseBloke

BellicoseBloke

I just paste the URL in MyPal, go...Then it plays, then I right click 'save video as'...

You must have another setup going there...

I didn't say where I got the link because that was ME... It would be rather idiotic for me to present that I got the link from myself. And I originally got the link just looking about from an FTP search...

Over here seeing if there's any signs of life, so far not promising...

Interesting the 1979 commercial except the agonizing YT ads which get longer now before you can skip, were longer in length than that old commercial which got to the point....

BellicoseBloke, Sep 8, 2023
Ask a Question