"0x0000007b" Blue Screen Error - Windows XP won't load - HP Pavilion Media Center

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by StupidGamer, Dec 28, 2023.

1. StupidGamer

StupidGamer

I don't know where to get help for this at this point, I've been really stressed and I wish I could just get this over with

I have an HP Pavilion a1547c Media Center computer, I got restore discs for it a while back. I finally set it up again recently and wanted to restore it to the original HP OEM version of Windows XP Media Center edition that was on it years ago!

I had some problems trying to get the restore discs to work, bad situation right now because I wanted to ask for help from the people I bought the restore discs for my computer from but their website has been closed since the 23rd, how long I've been trying to get help for this and that's when I've last checked *PERFECT TIMING*
    I understand that their website is closed and if they need to fix it

I finally got the discs to restore the computer, I got to the desktop and it started setting up everything, later on I checked on it, I think it needed to restart earlier and it was stuck at the Windows XP loading screen, it won't go past it

I've had this problem before, it gets stuck at the loading screen and after a couple minutes, it blue-screens and gets an "0x0000007b" error, I've tried so many things to try to fix it before like using CHKDSK and fixing the MBR but that won't do ANYTHING

I'm running across this error again and I'm tired of it

There is NO option to change my hard drive booting type in my BIOS like "ACHI" or "IDE", I have a SATA hard drive, it isn't the original hard drive because it died a long time ago

I really don't know what the problem is when I install this version of Windows XP, I've installed Windows Vista before and it works fine, I have a restore disc for a Dell Windows XP computer I've tried, that does not get stuck at the loading screen and gets this error. This is just driving me insane

I've tried using Hiren's Boot CD, I thought that would fix it but it didn't

I could just use a regular version of Windows XP but Media Center edition is what this computer came with and it's what makes it special, I don't know if there's something I have to do with my hard drive boot type, a device that's causing some sort of problem or a wrong driver. I don't know what to do

I can get into safe mode, FOR SOME REASON safe mode works, so I really don't know what is wrong at all

I really need help with this, I've been really stressed over this for so long, I don't know where to ask for help, I hate this problem so much, I can't find a solution for this. I don't know what's wrong

StupidGamer, Dec 28, 2023
  2. StupidGamer

Madeleine Takam

As you have clearly stated you can boot into Safe Mode. You obviously already realise it is a driver issue. (And most likely hard drive related)

From the web:

“STOP 0x0000007B errors are caused by device driver issues (especially those related to hard drive and other storage controllers”

You have quite sensibly realised that you needed to change your hard drive access to “IDE” in the bios, which would almost certainly solve your problem.

I did check HP help websites for you and it was very obvious that this is the last place anyone should go seeking help. One of many examples below:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Noteb...ge-from-Ahci-to-IDE-mode-in-Bios/td-p/6471795

However, I did find someone that could actually speak and write in English, with the ability to read. HP apparently don’t provide the facility to enable “IDE” mode in the bios.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Changing-from-AHCI-to-IDE/td-p/6977153

This is in line with the rest of their products, all being less than useless. Fortunately, or Unfortunately in your case. My husband won’t allow anything with the HP logo on in the house, so I have no experience of such dreadful products.

This means that you will have to install a “Sata” Driver for your machine while you are in “Safe Mode”

This is the best I can do to help. Maybe someone who has serious masochist tendencies on the forum maybe able to give you better advice.

Drivers for your Laptop

http://hp.drivercan.com/driver/1177022/

https://support.hp.com/us-en/deviceSearch?q=HP Pavilion a1547c&origin=swd

Madeleine Takam, Dec 29, 2023
Ask a Question