Can't boot windows, Blue screen occurs

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by erdos, Dec 21, 2016.

1. erdos

erdos

hi, i have windowsXP installed on a 2.5" laptop hard drive with my desktop pc through IDE-44 pin adapter a while ago.

when i tried to boot the disk in the same pc this week, i got Blue Screen error 0x0000007E on normal boot, as well as blue screen after Mup.sys display on the screen on SafeMode boot.

'Restore to last known good configuration' doesn't work either.

erdos, Dec 21, 2016
  2. erdos

tienkhoanguyen

Well I'm ugly dirty and all the worst words in heaven but I can help! http://www.mediafire.com/view/f44xw5dayczrrn4/IMG_0036.JPG After seeing my ugliest picture and you still care to listen here is the answer:

Microsoft Windows XP has a vulnerability that should still be active. Now you can't do anything about it since you need the internet. You will (it's a must) need to re-install XP whenever you get an attack like this. It is actually a virus. While my internet is active online for maybe months continuous it happened to me too.

tienkhoanguyen, Dec 21, 2016
  3. Skeleton11223, Dec 22, 2016
  4. erdos

tienkhoanguyen

Trust me! Have your Windows CD ready. If all the above method doesn't work it's nice to look at a brand new OS.

tienkhoanguyen, Dec 23, 2016
  5. erdos

erdos

the thread assumes that the user can still launch into windows desktop, which isn't my case here.

anyway, i downloaded the TDSSKiller and let it scan the windows partition on the usb HD from another windows computer, it didn't find any issue on the hard drive.

seems reinstall /recovery is in order.

erdos, Dec 24, 2016
  6. erdos

Elizabeth23

[​IMG]

as you can see in pix if there are any files listed let me know what they are.

Elizabeth23, Dec 24, 2016
  7. erdos

tienkhoanguyen

I know there is a virus because when i had xp on internet for months it crash with blue screen. When i reboot and had it scan in safe mode it listed a bunch of messed up pictures downloaded without my permission.

tienkhoanguyen, Dec 24, 2016
  8. erdos

erdos

Thanks!

when i started the booting process, i was presented with boot menu:
    windows didn't start normally...
    Safe mode
    Safe mode with networking
    Boot normally

Last Good known configuration,

tried all the options, 'Safe mode' loads a series of drivers, when 'Mup.sys' appears on the screen, the Blue screen happened then got stuck.

attached is the displayed error on the screen.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    erdos, Dec 30, 2016
  9. erdos

Elizabeth23

can you boot to the bios??

(set pc to boot from a flash drive or cd, whichever you have available)

if so then you need to boot to a rescue disc (kaspersky has one you can download for free and burn to a cd or a flash drive, or you use hiren's or linux boot discs) and run some scans to clear any boot sector virus, and/or see if there is a driver issue as described in the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/324103

please follow each step, one at a time and let me know exact messages that come up each time if the issue persists.

if none of the solutions correct the issue, then we can try something else.
    ==================

mup.sys is not necessarily the last file, ALL pc's stop at this before booting into safe mode.

how long have you waited to see if it will boot to safe mode?? 10 minutes to 30 minutes??

more??

======================

since you went from stop 07E to 07B let's see what happens after above solutions

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    Elizabeth23, Dec 31, 2016
Ask a Question