reinstall of XP Pro SP3

Discussion in 'Windows XP Installation and Setup' started by oldyeller38, May 27, 2016.

1. oldyeller38

oldyeller38

Help in reformatting an old refurbished Dell Precision Workstation with XP Pro OS. I’ve lost the reinstallation disk with product key that came with it; Is there anyway I can do a total format an reinstall the same OS on this machine without buying a new installation disk, even if I cold get one? I realize the product key is encrypted in the registry & unreadable; is there a way to retrieve that info as the laptop hasn’t been reformatted in probably 10 years & running very slow? The laptop, which is connected to & older LCD monitor, is only used for grandchildren to watch Bible cartoons and downloaded Bible videos.

oldyeller38, May 27, 2016
  2. oldyeller38

Elizabeth23

if you do the above then you will not have to activate, or if it says activate online, then it will read the replacement files and you will be good to go. I do this every time I reinstall.

================

above from here

read the whole knowledge base before starting.

Elizabeth23, May 28, 2016
Ask a Question