HAPPY FEET .. there's still XP people? Small prob here.

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by jackdashack, Mar 17, 2016.

1. jackdashack

jackdashack

I guess I run an XP Rescue. I've been given about 4 XP's I have my HP Pavilion 8 now upgraded to Win10 but I still keep my XP's going and using that reg hack for updates until 2019. I rely a lot on Superantispyware, Malwarebytes, Auslogics Defrag, etc. Sometimes they are like old geriatrics ... slow, cranky and achy but I can't give up on them. :p

Anyway I have this Aspire Netbook, remember them?, on XP. I just did a complete factory restore. Runs fine. But I have some nasty tasktray icons that keep popping back up when I've told them to stay hidden. Namely the wireless icon, (how do I insert an image? I have it uploaded but where is it) it's the little icon that looks like a monitor and flashes when data is coming and going. I have gone to network connections and unchecked the show icon. Have repeatedly gone to START > PROPERTIES and there told it to stay hidden all the time. I have poured over solutions but can find none appropriate. Mostly seems people want to hide the whole blamed tasktray. I don't want that. Can you old diehards like me help? Thanks so much. jack ":-D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    jackdashack, Mar 17, 2016
  2. jackdashack

Elizabeth23

have you gone into device manger and disabled the wireless driver??

are you fully updated??

Elizabeth23, Mar 17, 2016
  3. jackdashack

jackdashack

You da maam! lol Well you also reminded me that the ASPIRE has a wireless off/on switch for the wireless right on the front!!! But I decided to use the Device Manager. Oh yes on the updates. I have restored so many pc's to factory over the decades. I've had a computer since 1987 and on the web since 1996. Many many restores. Learned all the mistakes.

So yes, that did it. Never thought of that. Bugger went away the very second I "Do not use this device" was selected. Many thanks. And good to see you are still here? I think that post was several years old the last comments! G'day and a Begorah to ye! ":-Dx jack

jackdashack, Mar 17, 2016
  4. jackdashack

Elizabeth23

you are welcome, :)

Elizabeth23, Mar 18, 2016
Ask a Question