Windows XP Drivers for new machines

Discussion in 'Windows XP Drivers' started by Jake1702, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Jake1702

Jake1702

I know that newer PCs do not have the necessary drivers for XP. Is there a way to install these drivers so that I can run XP on a new PC?

Jake1702, Oct 6, 2015
  2. Jake1702

Aunty Jack

Adelaide, in my dreams as my wife tells me.
    Hi,

This is a problem becoming more and more frequent with new hardware and dear old XP.

The best way is to put in a search string in Google or whatever. A probable example would be:-

LenTosh X123 (name of new PC and model number) drivers for XP.

Then see what comes up.

Hopefully you may find that Vista drivers may be compatible if no XP drivers exist.

Usually the PC manufacturer's site has a swag of drivers and you may be lucky.

Unfortunately XP (when first released) could not, "see the future" especially as regards PC hardware.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful.

Cheers,

Mark. (Aunty Jack).

Aunty Jack, Oct 6, 2015
  3. Jake1702

Goldfynche

Yet another old thread that I'm jumping head first into. So if you find that you need drivers. When exactly do you install them? Before or after the XP install? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question to some!

Goldfynche, Oct 2, 2017
  4. Jake1702

Elizabeth23

order to install

xp
    sp3 if 32bit and sp2 if 64bit, (if not already slipstreamed into install media)
    drivers, (chipset is first and if a dell then NSS or DSS is first before chipset)
    then everything else including an offline install of an antivirus before you ever go online
    first thing ever after all above is to go to microsoft updates and get updated to 2014

Elizabeth23, Oct 2, 2017
Ask a Question