Black and white screen on startup

Discussion in 'Windows XP Drivers' started by XPnavigator, Aug 19, 2015.

1. XPnavigator

XPnavigator

When I log on I now get a black and white screen which gives me the option of "Press F1 to continue or press F2 to enter setup" this has suddenly appeared from nowhwere and I would like to know if it can be stopped. If I press F1 my pc continues to down load as normal and all programmes appear to function OK. If I press F2 I do go to the setup page,

XPnavigator.

XPnavigator, Aug 19, 2015
  2. XPnavigator

Aunty Jack

Adelaide, in my dreams as my wife tells me.
    Sounds a bit like your CMOS battery is dead.

Usually the CMAS battery is a CE2032 type available almost everywhere for about $2.00 or $3.00.

Best way to see if the CMOS battery is dead is check the time/date in the BIOS screen.
    If the date/time is way in the past, dead battery.

Cheers,

Aunty Jack.

Aunty Jack, Aug 19, 2015
  3. XPnavigator

XPnavigator

Many thanks for the response but my bios time and date are both spot on. All my settings regarding boot up seem to be correct but I am confused why I don't start windows without the prompt from the F1 key. I then have to choose a profile which is succesfull ie #1. The pc then boots up normally.

XPnavigator, Aug 20, 2015
Ask a Question