Can't access Administrator

Discussion in 'Windows XP Security' started by skybase, Aug 4, 2015.

1. skybase

skybase

Hi, I'm a new member and have never joined a forum before. Hope I'm doing this right.
    Purchased Dell 5500 laptop for 20 bucks. Something like 5 gigs total. Heavy and slow but works great for what I need it for. The problem is it was configured for a company that synched it's computers with the shipping Department. I was trying to get rid of the other users and managed to lock myself out of the Administrator. Now I can't download anything on it.
    I have any old unused XP Service pack 1 CD.

questions:
    Is there a magic way to get to the administrator?
    Do I have to Wipe the drive and install the XP CD?
    Any suggestions for free software that will wipe the drive?

One more: once I get this straitened out is it possible to download the last updates before XP became unsuported?

Thank you all very much.
    skybase

skybase, Aug 4, 2015
  2. skybase

Elizabeth23

you should be able to access the administrator account in Safe Mode, if not then you might have to reinstall the os, which is what you should do whenever you get a used pc.

Elizabeth23, Aug 4, 2015
  3. skybase

skybase

Thank you so much! I would have sent you flowers but I can't post a picture here.
    Very nice of you to respond considering I probably picked the wrong forum. I really appreciate the safe mode idea. Take Care

skybase, Aug 5, 2015
Ask a Question