Trouble installing games from CD

Discussion in 'Windows XP Games' started by PCaddicted, Sep 27, 2012.

1. PCaddicted

PCaddicted

I've had a very bad problem with GTA: Vice City and decided to re-install the game. I removed it and deleted all the traces it left behind using Revo Uninstaller. Unfortunately, I couldn't install it again. When I try to install it, the installer makes no progress, no matter how long I wait; it simply hangs at 0%.
    I've had the same problem upon trying to install two other games: Warbirds Dogfights and Warbirds Red Baron. However, I hadn't previously installed and removed those. I attempted to install them for the first time, and failed. :(
    All 3 games are on CDs and are genuine copies. The problem can't be caused by my LG DVD-RW optical unit. I've tried using an external unit to install the games, but no luck. The CDs are in perfect condition. I've tried to install them on another PC with the same operating system and it worked flawlessly.:eek:
    Help?
    System specs are more than enough for the requirements of the games.

PCaddicted, Sep 27, 2012
  2. PCaddicted

tlarseth

How much free space is on your computer? Most games when installing require at least double the install size in order to install correctly,

I would also do a virus scan by running malwarebytes while in safe mode.

tlarseth, Nov 5, 2012
  3. PCaddicted

Bryan_James

I had the same problem before. I tried checking the Task Manager. And I found out that it has double process. I end the process with the smaller kb and it resume to install.

Bryan_James, Apr 2, 2014
  4. PCaddicted

pravin007techno

i thing graphics and cache memories issues may stopping the installation. you need to upgrade your windows system to latest version and try it going to work..i hope so to get the solution.

pravin007techno, Aug 23, 2014
Ask a Question