How to install Windows XP on a Sandy Bridge based PC?

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by icet, Dec 3, 2011.

1. icet

icet

Hi,

I have just bought a Sandy Bridge based PC i.e. Core i7 2600K, mobo is Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, Hard drive is WD 1002FAEX Black Sata III and graphic card Nvidia EVGA GTX570. I have Windows 7 installed on this machine. I also wish to install Windows XP along with Windows 7 i.e. dual boot both OSes, even if I have to reinstall Windows 7 on my machine. The problem is that I don't know how to install Windows XP on this PC with dual boot Windows 7. As far as I know, for Sandy Bridge builds, you can only install Windows XP if it is Service Pack 3. But there are other requirements like slipstreaming SATA drivers into Windows XP otherwise it would not detect the hard drive of the Sandy Bridge PC during installation. Since I have a limited technical knowledge I would need your help to guide me how to accomplish this task. A step by step guidance would be very appreciated in simple language. Kindly help me in the matter. :confused:

icet, Dec 3, 2011
  2. icet

otis lehawk

have you tried partitioning your hdd drive first? you have to create two separate partitions and then boot from your cd and install windows xp on the second partition.or you could create a virtual machine, thats what i did so could use both at the same time

otis lehawk, Dec 29, 2011
Ask a Question