Are these specs good?

Discussion in 'Windows XP General Discussion' started by Skeleton11223, Sep 6, 2016.

1. so basically I need a new laptop because some of my keys stopped working and the pc is just dying out so I found a cheap laptop with winxp that costs $65 heres an exact quote with the specs

ACCEPTABLE BECAUSE 1 OF THE USB PORTS IS INOPERABLE OTHERWISE GOOD WITH A SMALL CRACK ON THE FRONT PLASTIC CASING. MANY DIFFERENT SPECS ON THIS PAGE. THIS LAPTOP HAS THESE EXACT SPECS: WINDOWS XP 32 BIT OPERATING SYSTEM, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, DVD-ROM/CDRW DRIVE, INTEL CORE 2 DUO CPU T5870 @ 2.00 GHZ.

Skeleton11223, Sep 6, 2016
  2. Skeleton11223

realitydroid

Spec wise, it looks like it'd be a decent machine. It has my XP machine beat for sure (I'm running a Pentium 4).

My biggest concerns would be the bad USB port and crack in the plastic. Might be able to find a similar machine in better shape without spending much more.

realitydroid, Sep 6, 2016
  3. Found one that only costs about $90 it has slightly better specs no bad USB ports and stuff like that.

Skeleton11223, Sep 7, 2016
  4. Skeleton11223

tienkhoanguyen

Jesus Christ!

If you look at my attachment you see my specs. All you really need is a 40gb hard drive. 1ghz speed is fine. Even 700mhz speed is fine. However below that it starts to get really slow. A USB port is really important. Don't do without it. These days XP are getting to be more classic!

Attached Files:

tienkhoanguyen, Dec 21, 2016
  5. Skeleton11223

priscus

So, did you buy either of these?

If so, is it turning out to be satisfactory?

priscus, Feb 20, 2017
  6. Nah, people quickly bought them, though, I fixed the keyboard problem, and I found an xp install disk in a drawer, then I installed it on my pc. Though,the pc died months later.
    It wasn't very durable but it did survive about 4 years.
    Using a different pc now, doesn't support xp though.

Skeleton11223, Feb 20, 2017
Ask a Question