I made chrome OS look like xp.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Skeleton11223, Feb 5, 2017.

1. I thought it would be impossible to even make it look decent, but it doesn't look that bad.
    I even got the xp startup sound from an extension.

Attached Files:

Skeleton11223, Feb 5, 2017
  2. Skeleton11223

tienkhoanguyen

http://www.mediafire.com/view/q966g95vaa66abd/xphomes3.jpg

Cool I did not realize Chrome OS could even resemble XP! Here is my fully installed XP Home with SP3. It took like the whole morning to do. I hope it is worth it. I had to redo all the installation because one of the programs from 360 shut down my bootup and shutdown Windows XP sound. After just starting over I just downloaded just 360 instead of all the extras and it is fine now it seems. Here is the pic.

I couldn't believe all the extras during patch added another 8 gb to the size of my vm.

tienkhoanguyen, Feb 5, 2017
  3. I'm currently trying to get the xp scrollbar.

Attached Files:

Skeleton11223, Feb 6, 2017
  4. Skeleton11223

tienkhoanguyen

https://www.mediafire.com/?sikq6um72s6mqpz

I am a developer and I was wondering if this program works for Chrome OS? Or is it just the appearance of XP?

It's okay if it's the appearance because mine is vm xp.

tienkhoanguyen, Feb 6, 2017
  5. Skeleton11223

cornemuse

Do you have any links as to how you did this??

Main reason I stick to XP is I like the 'gui', new(er) versions have totally changed gui, much to my displeasure. W-7 is changeable (back to XP style) to a degree, (I have 2 comps with '7' on them, laptops).

Same issues with Ubuntu, I like up to 11.??, but gui change is soooo different, forget them too.

(I am 70 yrs old and VERY set in my ways!!!)

-corne-

cornemuse, Feb 6, 2017
  6. Skeleton11223

priscus

That is the point where myself, and many others that I know decided to switch from Ubuntu to Mint.

priscus, Feb 6, 2017
  7. Skeleton11223

tienkhoanguyen

Dir Sirs,

I have never tried Mint however I have tried Ubuntu. I continue to find the style of XP contemporary. I have even made it a point to use it exclusively for my OS although I am technically running 10. I hardly even touch 10 anymore. It is just a host for XP!

Sincerely in GOD 0 A.D.,
    Nguyen

8. Skeleton11223

tienkhoanguyen

Jesus!

Jesus Christ! Bless GOD 0 A.D. through Jesus Christ and Mary Immaculate and The Holy Spirit# Then bless my real mom Huong Thi Vu. Honours to my real mom too also to my real dad Nguyen Binh Thuy. Greetings to my real two sisters Nguyen Khoa Thuyen and Nguyen Khoa Thi. Thank you GOD 0 A.D. for the rest of forever being gleamings happy#!! P.S. Thank you I was able to get a Valentines' day present to my real mom and my real friend too. My real mom says she appreciates the thought. Hello to my real friend Ho Thi Nga. And my real daughter Ho Thi Tuyet I hope you see your present in the future. It is a Catholic relic.

I have enclosed a snapshot of my screen where I am using XP right now. It has 3 windows open simultaneous. I think that if you can get your computer to the point where you optimize the memory buffer the speed will be corrected for you. I initially set it to the default 192 MB memory buffer and it was sluggish. Then I set my vm XP to the 1GB memory buffer for RAM and it seems to work like a brand new XP system for the rest of my life thank you GOD 0 A.D.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you GOD 0 A.D. for this XP and for all other wonders for myself and my family!!!!!

Attached Files:

9. I have a video with all of the info in the description right here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVf9GCs9-XI

Skeleton11223, Feb 7, 2017
  10. Unfortunately, the scrollbars would not work properly so, I had to make them look like this.

Attached Files:

11. Also, I know how to get the windows xp tree navigation pane on windows 7,8, and 10.
    Download classic shell and in classicexplorer options you can enable the tree navigation pane. Classic shell also has an option for an xp start menu.

12. I changed some of the icons of apps to look like xp programs.

Attached Files:

Skeleton11223, Jun 4, 2017
  13. Skeleton11223

Mike_Walsh

Ooh, you don't actually use Outlook, do you? I think you're the first person I've come across for years who does... How d'you get on with it? More to the point, I'm dead curious as to how you got it to run on ChromeOS.....

I normally use either T-Bird , or, if you want something really lightweight, Sylpheed.

http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/en/download.html

Yah, I know they both originate in the Linux world, but I've been using 'em for so long I've kinda got used to them. I like to use Sylpheed for an e-mail client in the XP I run on Virtualbox in Puppy, 'cos my old Athlon64 X2 duallie doesn't have VT in the instruction set.....so the lighter I can keep XP, the better!

T-Bird's a nice client, but it's rather 'heavy'.:(

Mike. ;)

Mike_Walsh, Jun 10, 2017
  14. It runs because Chrome OS has the play store now. I don't actually use Outlook and there's an error whenever I sign into my Gmail account with it, just for looks. Powerpoint is not yet compatible with Chrome OS for some reason.

But anyways, the calculator is an Android app that was made to look like the xp calculator and I just changed the icons. The notepad is just a normal notes app with a changed icon.

Skeleton11223, Jun 17, 2017
  15. Fixed some of the icons for Calculator and Notepad, before I used an icon changer which don't support transparency (just puts shortcuts of apps with the icon too) now I used an APK editor to change the icon, for some reason the office apps can't be edited though, they won't install, but that's fine since the icons are squares with no transparency.

Attached Files:

16. This is the My Computer app and the Calculator app.

Attached Files:

17. Wine is on the play store now, it's called crossover and you have to sign up for the beta.
    I have xp's games right here.

Attached Files:

Skeleton11223, Jul 7, 2017
  18. Real office 2007, real calculator, and real notepad.

Attached Files:

Skeleton11223, Jul 8, 2017
  19. Skeleton11223

Cesare Vesdani

I do not know how to make the Chrome OS look like Windows XP. However, there are special skin themes that you can download for that. You also need to install a special software that modified a registry tweak to allow Chrome OS to do just that. The software must be compatible with Chrome OS to install.

Cesare Vesdani, Nov 19, 2020
  20. Skeleton11223

Darren Elliott

wait untill you see images of windows 10 looking like xp or so

Darren Elliott, Nov 19, 2020
Ask a Question