Eatup's Pictures That Put a Smile on Your Face (and Other Nice Photos/Artworks)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by eatup, Jan 26, 2017.

1. eatup

eatup

I'm re-posting on this forum some of the stuff from my blog(s).

2 versions of the blog:

P.S: ScenicMountain = Eatup on the blogs (I couldn't use the urls eatup.wordpress/blogspot.com since they were already taken)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    eatup, Jan 26, 2017
  2. eatup

eatup

Shanghai Synchrotron Radiation Facility (for Synchrotron Light Source [SLS]):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

eatup, Jan 26, 2017
  3. eatup

eatup

Panda selfie:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

eatup, Jan 26, 2017
  4. eatup

eatup

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

eatup, Jan 26, 2017
  5. eatup

eatup

Beauty (zookeeper) and the Beast (panda)? No. A few (animated) pics from a recent TV drama that has brightened my days over the past few months.

[​IMG]

Three Lives Three Worlds, Ten Miles of Blossoms (aka Eternal Love), is a Chinese drama series that depicts the bitter-sweet romance between a fox princess (Beauty) and a dragon prince (The Beast) [aka the Chinese equivalent of Beauty & The Beast].

The TV series, which was broadcast earlier this year, topped the ratings on TV channels across China, and saw a record 31 billion online views on five video-streaming sites, including v.qq.com and iqiyi.com (about 500 million views/episode at 58 episodes total).

I'm NOT going to lie by saying that it is 10x better than Disney's Beauty and the Beast (2017).

I will try to list my reasons for saying this below:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    eatup, Apr 15, 2017
  6. eatup

eatup

1. The Disney version underestimates women.

In Disney's Beauty and the Beast, a damsel finds herself in distress in the wild and needed the protection of a man-beast.

In Three Lives, Three Worlds (3L3W), this helpless damsel pairing is delegated to side characters Dijun (the former ruler of the world, hence his white hair), and Feng Jiu (a nine-tailed fox princess and relative of the main heroine):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

eatup, Apr 15, 2017
  7. eatup

eatup

1B. In 3L3W, the main pair couple goes thru it all together thick and thin.

She CAN fight, and so can he. (Actually our main heroine was born years before the hero so if anything, she's got more life and battle experience than him):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

eatup, Apr 15, 2017
  8. eatup

eatup

2. In the Disney work, the Beast is a cursed Prince that shall remain a beast unless Beauty helps him to break the curse.

In 3L3W, both main hero and heroine CAN transform into "beasts" at will... She's a (white) nine-tailed fox princess, and his true form is a dragon that roams the sky, and did I mention he's also the Crown Prince of Heaven?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is NOT a black snake. It's the Crown Prince's true form (a black dragon) after he got injured by a lion man-beast, so he's a bit (well actually a lot) shrunken to the size of a garden snake:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

eatup, Apr 15, 2017
  9. eatup

eatup

3. In the Disney version, there is (almost) NO romantic tension between Beauty and the Beast. They don't get into any kind of major arguments whatsoever:

[​IMG]

In 3L3W, he's disappeared from her:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, she returns the favor:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

eatup, Apr 15, 2017
Ask a Question