XP not allowing FoxPro to start up after showing the application's splash sc

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by PAL in Thailand, Oct 6, 2016.

1. PAL in Thailand

PAL in Thailand

XP not allowing FoxPro to start up after showing the applicaion's splash screen

One more observation:

When I did that, I only had 'wpa.dbl', but there was no 'wpa.bak'. The 'wpa.dbl' file was dated 19/12/2016 10:13 AM

Is all of that normal? That the date is today's date and the time that I turned on my HP Mini earlier this morning.

PAL in Thailand, Dec 19, 2016
  2. PAL in Thailand

Elizabeth23

mine had a created date for the last time I reinstalled earlier this year.

did you have hidden files unchecked in Folder Options.

do not know why you would not have this file, If you reinstall with OEM media maybe that is why,

a .bak file is a backup file.

I have my product code available and if you have your product code available, then you do not have to really worry because you can activate with your product code.

I do not know whether this is normal or not, but remember that we are attempting to reinstall as you may have a virus that is undetected by your antivirus and/or malwarebytes.

================

still working with microsoft to see why you cannot access my public onedrive.

I my last reply I gave you a link from Mike_Walsh with the downloads for all three service packs.

Elizabeth23, Dec 19, 2016
  3. PAL in Thailand

PAL in Thailand

XP not allowing FoxPro to start up after showing the application's splash screen

Yes, my Folder Options shows "Show hidden files and folders."

And today, the 'wpa.dbl' file is dated 20/12/2016 10:16 and is still 3 KB in size.

meaning that I was unable to access any of the 3 files. I could see them with their icons but that was all.

Are the Windows SPs cumulative? That is, does each new version incorporate whatever fixes, etc., have been made by previous SPs?

Are you OK with my two-month 'disappearance' regarding my Bhuddist ordination? I do hope so, because it is not something that I can reneg on at this point. ;)

PAL in Thailand, Dec 20, 2016
  4. PAL in Thailand

Elizabeth23

1. mine is 12.7kb and I cannot say that all are different, it is not something I even thought of, I just copy the files and go on.

2. hover over icons and it should show an arrow on the upper left for download, google will then tell you it cannot scan it, click download anyway, save to desktop and scan with your antivirus. I was able to download fine.

3. not necessarily, in that you must have EITHER sp1 OR sp2 installed and then install sp3, and if you have a 64bit system then you cannot install sp3.

4. fine with your previous obligations, come back when you are ready. :)

Elizabeth23, Dec 20, 2016
  5. PAL in Thailand

PAL in Thailand

XP not allowing FoxPro to start up after showing the application's splash screen

OK! I was able to download Mr. Walsh's 3 Windows XP service packs and then had them checked by AVG and Malbytes. Will move them off the Mini to my 2 TB World Elements HD for safekeeping and use when required.

Will the Clean Install process format the whole of the Mini's HD or just drive C:/ ?

PAL in Thailand, Dec 21, 2016
  6. PAL in Thailand

Elizabeth23

if you choose to not wipe the entire drive then it will only do the partition you choose which should of course be C: there are pictures in the previous replies on the links I gave you for reinstalls, here they are again:

NOTE The latest service pack and version of Internet Explorer for your version of Windows should always be installed before loading any system drivers for maximum stability! I have found this make a huge difference with Windows installations but don’t see any other guides recommending to do things this way.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/operatingsystems/ss/instxpclean1.htm
    http://www.windowsxphome.windowsreinstall.com/sp2installxpcdoldhdd/indexfullpage.htm
    Clean installs of XP sites

[​IMG]

Elizabeth23, Dec 21, 2016
  7. PAL in Thailand

Elizabeth23

reply 2:

yours will show partitions c and d, and any others that you have on the same harddrive.

you want to format in NTFS and do a full format not a quick format.

Elizabeth23, Dec 21, 2016
  8. PAL in Thailand

PAL in Thailand

Here's wishing you a Blessed & Merry Christmas as well as a very Happy New Year!

I leave Chiangsaen tomorrow morning by car ( a 500 km trip ) to prepare for my ordination and will be back online at the beginning of March, 2017.

Looking forward to completing our on-going project once I get back into the swing of things after my novitiate period. I've decided to leave the HP Mini at home to free myself from all the distractions and little jobs that it brings me. Being free from the digital world for two whole months will be an experience in itself as well. :eek:

See you then! :)

PAL in Thailand, Dec 25, 2016
  9. PAL in Thailand

Elizabeth23

good luck and take care see you in March :)

Elizabeth23, Dec 25, 2016
Ask a Question