Windows cannot find blah blah blah (uninstall leftover)

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by YanKleber, Nov 19, 2016.

1. YanKleber

YanKleber

Windows XP SP3 here.

I just performed a clean up in the notebook of my wife (didn't reinstall) and among things I did was to uninstall the Comodo Firewall. Now every time I reboot computer I am getting a popup with this annoying message:

Windows cannot find 'c:\windows\temp\dragon_setup.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.

I am pretty sure that it is a leftover of the uninstall of the Comodo Firewall. I already searched for it in the registry but no lucky. Any advice?

Thanks!

YanKleber, Nov 19, 2016
  2. Go to CMD
    At the Command Prompt, type: sfc /scannow

Hope this helps.

Skeleton11223, Nov 19, 2016
  3. YanKleber

Elizabeth23

device manager and under view choose to show hidden drivers and scroll down to find the driver for the comodo firewall , right click and choose uninstall, restart and you should not get the message.

Elizabeth23, Nov 20, 2016
  4. YanKleber

cornemuse

I have turned off this sort of stuff in 'msconfig'. "Uncheck" in I forget which, 'services' or 'startup'. Doesnt remove, just ignores it, , ,

-c-

cornemuse, Nov 20, 2016
  5. YanKleber

YanKleber

Thank you guys... Since this Windows was already bugging me with other things I decided to to make a clean install and threw Zonealarm Antivirus on it. Working like a charm now!

:)

YanKleber, Dec 12, 2016
Ask a Question