Problem installing Windows XP from USB

Discussion in 'Windows XP Installation and Setup' started by docata, Mar 21, 2016.

1. docata

docata

Hello, I have the following problem and i hope you could help me. I have searched a lot on the internet, but wasn't able to find a solution. So... I recently tried to install Windows XP on my "emachines" notebook, i changed the BIOS settings to boot from USB and i even presed F12 to eneter the boot menu and chose to boot from the flash drive, but then nothing happened, the OS just continued as usual. Btw i made a bootable USB, ofcourse. So after I tried a couple of differend ISOs i found on the internet, I decided to try booting Ubuntu, and guess what? It worked! But i still wan't to put XP on the notebook, so any ideas would be very much appreciated! :)

docata, Mar 21, 2016
  2. docata

Elizabeth23

what is the make, model and model number of the notebook

Elizabeth23, Mar 21, 2016
  3. docata

docata

It's a eMachines 350-21G25ikk, model:NAV51. I'm not sure what counts as a model number... :confused:

docata, Mar 22, 2016
  4. docata

Elizabeth23

https://panam.gateway.com/us/en/emac/product/default.aspx?modelId=2262

at above I was looking through the user's guide, which you can download from the page above, and is there still a hidden partition on your drive?? if so then you can recover to the factory settings

see page 13 of the guide (under frequently asked questions)

on page 12 if the D2D is enabled in bios then maybe you need to disable it to boot from the usb, however if a ubunto usb booted then it might be that the xp usb is NOT bootable and you can check by trying to boot this usb on another pc, if it boots then great you can cancel out with no harm done and this shows that the usb IS bootable.

model Netbook, model number 350

=====================

http://www.techspot.com/community/t...-on-a-netbook-using-a-usb-flash-drive.160906/

you can follow the steps at the above site as this person is doing what you want, and if you have questions after following this, then let me know. :)

Elizabeth23, Mar 22, 2016
  5. docata

docata

Thank you so much!!! I'll read trough and try it out, and I'll let you know how it went :)

docata, Mar 22, 2016
  6. docata

Elizabeth23

okay will check back.

Elizabeth23, Mar 22, 2016
  7. docata

Joe511

Joe511, Nov 15, 2016
Ask a Question