can i have the xp search in my win 7 machine

Discussion in 'Windows XP Customization' started by chandra, Mar 29, 2016.

1. chandra

chandra

Hi,

can i have the xp search engine, along with or without win 7 search. That was wonderful search engine compared to the win 7.

chandra, Mar 29, 2016
  2. chandra

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23, Mar 29, 2016
  3. chandra

chandra

Hi, Your link goes to google search. Please give the exact solution link . Googling has given little help in restoring xp companian dog search.
    Is it possible to have

chandra, Mar 30, 2016
  4. chandra

Jody Thornton

I use Power File Search, which gives you the Win9x style search on Windows 8 (it works on Vista and 7 too) and it's VERY flexible

Jody Thornton, Mar 30, 2016
  5. chandra

Elizabeth23

@chandra, sorry, but I am not going to read through all the threads looking for the solution, when you are perfectly capable of reading through all the solutions and choosing the solution that works for you. :)

Elizabeth23, Mar 31, 2016
  6. chandra

Cammygirl192

Seems, You're not asking for support XP... check W7Forums.com if you want to get help with Windows 7 related issues.

Thank you

Cammygirl192, Mar 31, 2016
  7. chandra

chandra

Hi, I am asking for xp support as i have a laptop running xp sp three. what made you think otherwise, i do not know.
    i thought that if xp forum members know the technique, then i will use on the machine i have it on windows seven.Now it may be clear, why i ask at your forum. If i approach win seven, then they will say, that it is superior to xp companian search.
    if you know, how to take the component of search in xp and install it on windows seven, it may give a solution. i do not know where to look for search component in xp

chandra, Mar 31, 2016
  8. chandra

Cammygirl192

The way you put it made me think you wanted Windows 7 help, but if you want to implement a similar in W7:
    I think the Windows Desktop Search program has similar features to Search Companion.

For XP, haven't you got the 'Search' in Start Menu or has something disappeared there?

9. chandra

chandra

Hi, for windows xp i have no problem. But i want that companian to my win seven, as stated in my previous reply. Would you give link for the alternative you have given windows desktop search program. can i use it in windows 7

chandra, Mar 31, 2016
  10. chandra

Cammygirl192

I believe it's included by default.

I think you can just use Search Options after you make search in 7, and then edit setting to your preferences. It's not same and doesn't have the dog but it's very similar to using search companion.

Ask a Question