Windows XP Forums

how to prioritize wifi connection during the starting of xp?

3 Weeks Ago
I have two D430 laptops, both have xp installed but one gets wifi working much earlier than the other. I looked the system event view and found nothing wrong with the network. My guess is that some how windows put very low priority to the wifi auto connection.... So how to speed up the related process? Thanks for your help!

3 Weeks Ago
Have you checked the speed of the adapter models on the various computers. For example; one machine may have a high speed 108 Mbps adapter while the other has a 54 Mbps adapter or slower.

Have you tried opening the Control Panel-Network Connections icon, then go to the Properties section of the wifi connection and make sure it's set to "Automatic", in your Preferred Networks, Sometimes XP will take over the connection and slow things down.

some threads I have checked say that they got results with TCP optimizer and selecting all adapters and optimal settings

http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php

make sure to download the legacy version for xp

I have not used this program so can give no personal experience review,

Search engines are your friend