Windows won't load after "Windows Genuine Validation"

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help and Support' started by NicolaeBalc, Oct 20, 2012.

1. NicolaeBalc

NicolaeBalc

Hi guys,

hope you can help with this one. The title might be a bit misleading. The following happened: I have a Thinkpad X60 with Windows XP SP3 on. For some reason over the past months my hard disk was filling up misteriously without me having a lot of data on it. So, i decided to copy everything on an external harddrive and restore to factory mode. The Windows copy was original. The restore went smoothly, I started installing all the needed programmes, i had to upgrade to SP3 and then i got a question regarding the Windows Genuine Validation. Due to my Windows being original i accepted and it went on with installing some updates. I restarted and the computer would not boot. I couldn't enter ThinkVantage, i got the message "Please wait" but nothing happened, i tried all the "Safe Mode", "Last known good configuration" and the other restarting methods, but it would not load Windows. I also got a bluescreen for a few seconds with the text:
    The computer encountered a problem, Windows was shut down. If this is the first time you are seeing this, restart. If not, then do the following:
    Check for viruses. Remove all new installed hard drives. Run CHKDSK /F.
    Technical info:

STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF778CA524, 0xC0000034, 0x000000000, 0x00000000)

I managed to restore again for some reason but nothing was installed apart from Windows, in Device Manager all the devices have a yellow question mark. And again after restarting it doesn't load Windows anymore.

It could be a very general matter so i would really appreciate some advice on what I could for a starter in order to get things moving.

NicolaeBalc, Oct 20, 2012
  2. NicolaeBalc

NR1

adadasdsad

NR1, Mar 7, 2014
Ask a Question